Outpost (unranked) – a few residence not amounting to more than 1,000 people
- Tier 1 at least 1,000-5,000 population
- Tier 2 at least 5,000-15,000 population
- Tier 3 at least 15,000-30,000 population
- Tier 4 at least 30,000-50,000 population
- Tier 5 at least 50,000-150,000 population
- Tier 6 at least 150,000-300,000 population
- Tier 7 at least 300,000-600,000 population
- Tier 8 at least 600,000-2 million population
- Tier 9 at least 2 million to 4 million population
- Tier 10 at least 4 million to 8 million population
- Bronze class 8 million to 20 million population
- Silver class 20 million to 60 million population
- Gold class 60 million to 120 million population
- Knight class 120 million to 240 million population
- Rook class 240 million to 480 million population
- Bishop class 480 million and up
Royal Cities / Colony Capitals / Kingdom Capitals
- As long as a direct family member of the Imperial family resides in a city, it can be considered one of these.
- These cities on average have more than 2 billion population throughout all empires, there are some exceptions based on geological reasons.
Imperial Capitals – The headquarters of the empire where the throne and the Emperor resides in. Majority of Imperial Capitals in the world of Yuan Zhong have populations exceeding 10 billion.
Independent Cities – Sizes varies accordingly.